Friday, July 25, 2014

[GUEST POST] Five reasons to join the weekly #SAGrad Chat!

I know, I know, I know!

I've been absent for a few weeks.
My NACA summer internship here at Towson University has been keeping me busy.

Luckily, I've doing doing a lot of writing and prep for the upcoming fall semester at UMass Amherst.

A big aspect of my summer has been serving as the Grad Student Liaison for the NASPA Technology Knowledge Community, which has granted me access to manning the @SAGradMOD Twitter account. The account has grown by almost 300 followers since I inherited it in April 2014!

My project for the summer has been establishing the #SAGrad chat every Wednesday night at 9pm EST! We have had some great conversations this summer and I wanted to write a piece that would support more grad students to get involved with our weekly chats!

Luckily, my good friends over at the Student Affairs Collective were kind enough to give me a necessary outlet to share this incredible opportunity for my fellow Student Affairs graduate students!




Below I've listed a few of the reasons why folks should get involved and you can Click here to access the rest of the article!

PREVIEW:



"2. Lots of real talk.

Let your hair down. Let’s get real.
Grad life is a struggle and we all want a forum in which we can relate and be real.

I applaud our consistent contributors to the #SAGrad chats who have been authentically sharing their insights in hopes of helping others learn from their experiences.

Through the first few chats we’ve already had this summer, we’ve discussed Summer Networking, Grad Student Mental Health and Wellness, Developing Professional Identity, Dynamics of the Cohort Model, and Professional Boundaries. Among other topics that pop up along the way.

And there are many more chats to come."

"3. The learning never ends.

Yes, we have school. We also have work. We also need to continue our learning.
And what better way to learn than from your colleagues?

We are in this together, so we might as well connect and continue our learning together as well.
This way, in 20 years, we will look back on our time during #SAGrad with fond appreciation for how much we were able to help each other grow through these weekly chats."



I will be back soon with a few of my personal blogs that folks have come to expect from me!
Be well, all!
- Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment